Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

My Hand at Alterations

I just bought this beautiful fully-lined, boiled poly-wood blend pea coat for a real bargain in the Salvation Army Store. It looks great on me and I was needing a brown jacket. However, I almost didn't get it because the sleeves were way too long and I anticipated it being too complicated to shorten with the lining.

I had gone back a couple days later after passing it up the first time and bought it. So grateful I did, and I succeeded at taking up the sleeves with the lining. It looks and feels great on! I just love my new pea coat and wear it now every chance I get!

Pictured also are the outer pieces that I took off to give an idea of the original sleeve length.

Mission accomplished!

Enjoying the afternoon rays from my balcony

No comments:

Post a Comment